Parish wrote:

> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
>

>> I watch a cooking progam from Enland on the FoodChannel. The Star is
>> Jammie Oliver and the show is called "The Naked Chef" the title is
>> supposed to mean getting to the bare essentials of food.
>>
>> He uses a slang tern for great (as in Taste great)  pucker. Examaple the
>> dish is really pucker.
>>

> In this context "pucker" comes from Indian (puckah) although I'm
> willing to stand corrected.

That does sound logical

>> In the US the same word has a different meaning as in Pucker up and Kiss.
>>

> Also in Britain.

Phillip M. Jones, CET      |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
616 Liberty Street         |Who's Who. PHONE:276-632-5045, FAX:276-632-0868
Martinsville Va 24112-1809 |[EMAIL PROTECTED], ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/america/default.htm>
<http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/message/default.htm>