On Thursday 19 May 2005 12:07, Kikx wrote:
> Considering that it's a lack of security and allow man in the middle
> attack (down negociation only) and even if you would like to use TLS or
> SSL3 an attaquant can just force you to go to SSL2 and then to use a
> very weak encryption without any warning ...
>
> I really think that mozilla should disable SSL2 or warning a lot when
> asking in ssl3 and the server response in SSL2 !!!

Yes, you are not alone.  Gerv recently posted for
internal Mozilla consumption (I think) a proposal
to test this more formally.

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/gerv/archives/008157.html

Spread the word ... turn off SSLv2 everywhere
manually.  In servers, browsers, etc.  If any
problems come to light, we can then at least
examine them and decide what to do, but
given the terribly low numbers of SSL v2 only
servers out there (under 2%) I don't see that
there will be a problem.

iang
--
Advances in Financial Cryptography: