Ian G wrote:
> On Thursday 09 June 2005 02:11, Daniel Veditz wrote:
>>Raising the profile of the various extensions is a great idea, that will
>>speed up the feedback cycle.
>
> Right.  Now we need someone inside Mozilla to drive this
> process forward.  It can't be done from outside.  Someone
> inside has to champion the issue - distro the info and the
> proposed solutions to the various module leaders, create
> the public image on the website, advise users of how to
> deal with phishing, bring the key players together to craft
> a policy, decide how much of Mozilla's budget to allocate
> to this, let users out there know that there are solutions,
> reach out and collect the experience, share it with the
> solution thinkers and coders, write articles for the 'zine,
> etc etc.

I disagree. There is still some work that should and can IMO be done by
the larger community:

* What exactly are the best of breeds extensions that should be
evaluated? Ka-Ping Yee posted a list of 5 - is this the definite best of
breed list? Full URLs to those?
* Where are the usability/effectiveness etc. study results of those
extensions?
* Comments from the greater security community regarding the extensions,
pros and cons
* Any other things that would help in the evaluation.

--
  Heikki Toivonen