Dear Developers,

As you may have noticed, we are working on quality benchmark tests. Today, I
made some sounds with my keyboard and recorded via line-in. I started to encode
them with different encoders. Soon I found out a sound that no encoder can
encode properly. It's a simple sound of a hi-hat. I tried with BladeEnc, Xing,
GOGO-no-coda ver. 2.26, FhG [all versions], and of course, the latest version of
LAME. But none sounds like the original. FhG sounds best, though. Other encoders
add a amplified "hissing sound" to the file. You can see the difference even in
the *WinAmp eq-visualization* display. It seems that the original frequency
changes a lot.

The sound is recorded with a high volume. Can this cause the problem? I wonder.

The file is of 2 seconds duration. If anyone is interested testing it, please
let me know.

By the way, are version 3.67 and 3.70 100% same?

Thank you.

- Zia