Hello David,

DB> Don't forget about Vorbis ( www.vorbis.com and www.vorbis.org )
DB> David Balazic

:), thanks for that shameless plug :)

If there's a section on possible successors, I'll mention ogg vorbis.
You know I tested the codec and found it far inferior to the current
mp3 alternative, so I won't go along in the open-source hype.

I also think that even if vorbis managed to get to the level of mp3 on
side of support (hard and softplayers) and quality (or supercede for
that matter), it will be slapped down by some ridiculous patent or
lawsuit anyways.  I know they don't use patented material, but
chronical naivite deficiency is a condition I suffer...

but indeed, I need to know if there are sites that promote mp3 like
the vorbis people do with their format.

--
Best regards,
 Roel                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]