Exactly!!  Well, for me I -can't- even use OS X if I wanted to because
the software that enables my G3 upgrade card is loaded at OS 9's
startup sequence...  I know everything is all about OS X now, but there
are still very loyal Pre-X Mac users out there ;_;  Heck, I'd go back
to 7.6.1 if it were fiesable!! :P  Is it that it would be particularly
difficult to work on anything for 9, or is it simply because all
research/dev needs to be focused on X now and no time can be "wasted"
(for lack of a better term) on 9?