Thats how i got this:
lame -q0 -X6 -ms -d --lowpass 20.05 --cwlimit 11.025 -Z --scale 0.98 --scale-r 1.1 --scale-l 1.1 --ns-sfb21 2 --nspsytune -v -V0 --vbr-rh --abr 172

I hope your are not serious. In case you are, here are a few points:

*As already explained, --scale-l, --scale-r and --scale are redundant and can be combined into a single --scale

*--vbr-rh is the default vbr mode, so this switch does nothing in your command line

*--cwlimit has no effect when using --nspsytune

*--nspsytune is the default mode, so this switch does nothing in your command line

*-v before -V0 does nothing, as -v is already activated by -V0

Considering that your custom command line is including several useless/redundant switches, I think that you are experiencing a simple placebo effect.

You should try using double blind tests to test your command line against the simple (but efficient) "--abr 172"

regards,

--
Gabriel Bouvigne
www.mp3-tech.org