From: Pierre-Philipp Braun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [mp3encoder] Looking for programmer
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 20:05:49 +0200 (CEST)

(not posted)

Hi,

Quoting , 10:16 -0500 Thu 6th May 2004,
> is there a programmer that can add my custom set of parameters as a preset
> to Lame and include it in future versions of Lame?
>
> Probably you want to try it first
> mail me to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> no kidding.

My advice is to advertise your settings on the mailing-list firt.
Why didn't you submit them there?
If you want to add them as presets, you may also argue a lot why your
settings are relevant.

Would you like to share them w/ me at least?
Note i use lame -m j -k -p -o -q 0 --vbr-new -V 4 -B 256 for now.

Thanks in advance.
--
Pierre-Philipp
<hr>

Hello Pierre-Philipp

You are right, i was going to do that anyway, i just want to be sure that
somebody is interested on it.

Thanks for answer

Here are the settings for Lame version 3.95.1
i had to make a lot of experiments before i concluded to this:

* * * * * * * * * *
lame -q0 -X6 -ms -d --lowpass 20.05 --cwlimit 11.025 -Z --scale 0.98 --scale-r 1.1 --scale-l 1.1 --ns-sfb21 2 --nspsytune -v -V0 --vbr-rh --abr 172
* * * * * * * * * *

Note that the order of the parameters is very important to get it working right,
don't change the order.
It's pure stereo live-alike sound, it worked with my Soundblaster
(repair your scratched CD's with "SKIPDR", i bought one from Radio Shack)

I would like to add this set as a preset to future versions of Lame,
i don't want a reward but my name on it :)

Thanks for your cooperation.
Sincerely:

Zenen Cruz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]