-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alexander Leidinger
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 7:25 AM
To: Dmitriy Startsev
Cc: MP3 Encoder Liste
Subject: Re: [mp3encoder] LAME Encoder with Delphi Help

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 18:00:38 +0400
"Dmitriy Startsev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello, Alexander!
> You wrote to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "MP3 encoders development list"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Wed, 2 Jun 2004 14:17:49 +0200:
>
>  AL> I suggest to use the madlib.dll for MP3 -> WAV conversion, it's
>  AL> "better" than the decoder in lame.
>
> Since mpglib uses floating-point it should be more precise than madlib.
Can
> you tell me why mad is "better"?

mpglib is a subset of mpg123, did you read the comparision of mpg123 and
madlib at the mad homepage (I don't think the author of mad does some
tricks there)?

Additionally mad is more forgiving with "bad" MP3s.

We (the lame maintainers/developers) talked about replacing mpglib with
mad in lame. The consensus was that it would be a nice thing,
unfortunately mad uses the GPL (at least this was the case the last time
we discussed this) and we want something which uses the LGPL. But if
someone writes code which integrates mad with lame (including support
for the mp3 frame analyzer), we can integrate it and offer a compile
time option to choose the decoder.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
           I'm available to get hired (preferred in .lu).