From: Gavin Chester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [mp3encoder] mp3 downsampling
Date: 29 Dec 2004 16:36:25 +0800

> Why do you think an encoder that preserves the ID3 tags when
> downsampling mp3 (or even downsampling from ogg or wav to mp3, etc)
> gives a problem with encoder stability?  I know little, but imagined
> that it would involve only preserving the start/part of the file where
> the ID3 is stored?

It needs file io and seek. If the input/output is non-seekable file,
we need some error handling, which is likely to be buggy.

ID3 tags may be 2^31 byte. Handling such large data may lead a bug.

And, there're these bugs in LAME4.

If you think it is easy, why don't you write it yourself and send us
a patch :) ? We always welcome such contribution.
--
Takehiro TOMINAGA // may the source be with you!