Ouch, that sounds painful!! If it is any consolation, I hurt my knee
after attempting a move called a cork. I came close .... too close
.... to the ground .... then thwack. It'll recover, but it is a bit
sore.

For extended GCD there is a description of an algorithm on page 464 of
Crandall and Pomerance "Primes: a computational perspective" due to
Penk which outlines how to get a binary extended GCD algorithm. In
Stehle and Zimmermann's paper there is a description of an
asymptotically fast binary recursive GCD algorithm. There's also a
paper of Cesari 1998 on the same topic.

Basically we can do a similar sort of thing for Moller's ngcd
function. It's relatively straightforward - should be only about half
a page of code. Might make a nice project for someone. I originally
volunteered to do it, but at present haven't found time to get it
done.

Bill.