On Feb 4, 10:30 am, Bill Hart <goodwillh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I've made some changes to some documentation due to some incorrect bug
> addresses pointed out by Paul Zimmermann.
>
> I've also done some hacking to the autotools stuff to stop these silly
> errors I was getting on sage.math.
>
> The new tarball replaces the old at:
>
> http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/wbhart/mpir-0.9.0.tar.gz
>
> If this passes Michael's testing with Sage and build testing on SkyNet
> it will become 0.9.0 final and be released.

Ok, I tested on

SkyNet?:

    * eno (x86_64, FC9)
    * mark (Sparc, Solaris)
    * fulvia (x86, Solaris)
    * cicero (x86, FC9)
    * menas (x86_64, OpenSUSE 10.3)
    * iras (Itanium, SLES 10)
    * cleo (Itanium, RHEL 5.2)
    * varro (PPC, OSX 10.4)

Misc machines:

    * bsd (x86, OSX 10.5)
    * sage.math (x86_64, Ubuntu LTS 8.04)
    * sprocketer (x86-64, OSX 10.5)

and mpir's make check as well as mpfr's make check build against that
mpir release passed. I will do a full build of Sage against that mpir
tonight [alpha6 got delayed by some bugs, but that isn't anything
new :)]

> Known issues:
>
> - MSYS and mingw32 --enable-fat build issue has not been resolved
> (will be fixed in service release)
> - cygwin32 does not support make check after build in a directory
> whose full path contains spaces
> - no 32 bit x86 support for Apple gcc
> (seehttp://trac.mpir.org/mpir_trac/ticket/94
> for workaround)
> - make tune will core dump with small probability on some old Sun
> blade machines with Sun cc compiler
> - possible memory leak in t-locale (test code only and no one has
> replicated it since it was reported)
> - Generic build (without assembly, i.e. with -host=none) will fail on
> x86_64 (will be fixed in service release)

- configure && make outside of the main directory fails [reported by
Mariah]

> Bill.

Cheers,

Michael