The Core 2 code is now converted. I'll test, profile and commit
shortly. The conversion was easy once you sent me the results from
your script. Thanks!!

By the way, the description of what diveby3.as does seems to be
incorrect in both the Core 2 and AMD 64 directories. Can either you or
Jason give me a correct description and I'll insert it. I don't want
to put in what I think it should do in case that is not correct.

I would be in favour of having common code for Windows and Linux only
for those files where it is really easy to do. For files where the
register assignments really matter, I'd prefer things to remain as
they are.

Soon we may also have separate files for 32 bit x86 on Apple,
depending on how that goes. Whilst we have to be careful about having
too many copies of the same code around, we also want to make sure
things remain "flat", in the sense that it is easy, if not boring, to
get new code in.

Bill.