Here are the results of tests so far on SkyNet:

eno - 4.3.0 n f / 4.3.3 n f
cicero 4.3.0 n f
cato 4.1.2 n
varro A 4.0.1 n f / 4.3.3 n f
fulvia 4.3.3 n * *** / S  n ** *** ;
menas 4.2.1 n f / 4.3.3 n f
iras 4.1.2 n / 4.3.3 n
cleo 4.1.2 n / 4.3.3 n
rm mark 4.3.3 n / S

* 30/36 yasm tests fail!!
** make check failed for yasm
*** make failed for --enable-fat

where:

A = Apple CC
S = Sun CC
4.x.y = gcc version
n = normal build passed
f = fat build passed

I haven't been able to figure out a combination of PATH and
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH to get the Sun CC and linker working on Mark. I've
done it before by copying all the relevant binaries to directories in
my home dir, but surely there is a way to get it to work. Anyone know?

I don't think I had directories wrong for gcc 4.3.3 on Fulvia, so I
think this is a real build failure. I may have gotten the Sun
directories wrong however. But likely if it doesn't build with gcc it
won't with Sun CC.

I'm pretty surprised that fat binary worked on varro, as it is a PPC,
not an x86. Perhaps fat binary just does nothing on unsupported archs.