I have no particular insight into this. A G5 is a PPC right? Well, I
don't know of anything that we've changed for PPC's.

It does appear to be looking for libgmp though, not libmpir. Perhaps
the --enable-gmplink configure option (which you used, as per the
instructions, right?) is not dealing correctly with dylibs?

Jason may be able to comment on that.

Bill.