I suppose it's just aggregation.

Maybe we need to get rid of the bit that says, "overall licensed
LGPL". Is that still permitted, when some component of the distro is
GPL?

Actually the reason for me wanting to perhaps get rid of the demos was
more to do with the fact that I don't know anyone who uses them. Very
clear examples in the documentation would probably be much more
useful.

Anyhow, it's no big deal. Just an idea. I suppose the thing that set
off that thought process for me was Brian saying it took forever to
check out MPIR via his internet connection. We are carrying some fat.
There's no reason to not have the demos on the website. Can't come up
with as clear a case for leaving them in the library source.

Bill.