2009/3/23 Jason Moxham <ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com>:

> MPFR is based on mpn and mpz , not mpf .

OK, I didn't seem to know that. I probably should have though.

> I suppose we get remove mpf from the default MPIR build , and only build mpf
> if we configure with --enable-gmp-compat  which could switch on all the other
> old stuff we would like to remove.

Would that actually cut down the size of MPIR?

I also don't see how say switching off nails and mpbsd, etc, would
actually save development effort. If someone types --enable-gmp-compat
then all that is going to have to be there (and work) anyway.

Bill.