What do you guys think about changing the name back to --enable-
gmpcompat now that we actually build the library and not just provide
symlinks?

I will need to update the documentation to reflect the fact that we
build the library now, as I think it still says that we use symlinks.
I'll do this later tonight. At that point, assuming Michael finds no
more issues, I think we are right to call the resulting rc the final
version of 1.0.0. Then we can begin to look at what needs to be done
for the next release. :-)

Bill.