On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 4:36 AM, Bill Hart <goodwillh...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jeff. I didn't manage to reproduce the Cygwin32 issue with
> mpir-1.0, even with a core 2 build, yet. I'm going to try 0.9 now to
> see if an earlier version of 1.0 might have had the bug (which would
> presumably be present in 0.9).

I don't remember what mpir-1.0 RC I was using before since there have
been so many, but taking the latest one now configures and makes in my
cygwin environment which I haven't changed.  So something changed in
the RCs that fixed the previous problem.  I do see one warning though:

mkdir .libs
libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in
core2-pc-cygwin shared libraries
copying selected object files to avoid basename conflicts...
rm -fr .libs/libmpir.lax
mkdir .libs/libmpir.lax

Make finishes fine, and make check is also ok.

> Is there any chance you could check out trunk from svn:
> http://modular.math.jmu.edu/svn/mpir/mpir/trunk
> and see if the issue still persists for you.

I can check the latest svn if you want, but it seems the latest 1.0 RC
fixes the problem.

> Also, could you go into the top level of the source tree and type
> config.guess
> and tell us what it returns.

$ ./config.guess
core2-pc-cygwin

> Finally, we'd like to know what
> ln -v
>
> returns, to see if this is the libtool issue that was reported ages
> ago on the GMP list. I don't think it can be that, as modern Cygwins
> don't suffer from it, but we'll check to make sure.

$ ln --version
ln (GNU coreutils) 6.10

Written by Mike Parker and David MacKenzie.

Jeff.