It's a bit hard to see the graph, but you see a similar phenomenon
with the cutoffs on Bodrato's graph:

http://bodrato.it/software/tc3-7-percent.png

Toom 7 looks to be ahead of Toom 4 from a very early point.

We'll have to finish optimising both Toom 4 and Toom 7, but it is
possible we'll scrap the former altogether, as it is a massive amount
of code for not much benefit.

As I now have a Toom optimiser that I wrote, I might just push on to
Toom 8 or higher and see what happens.

Bill.