On Apr 17, 5:08 am, Jeff Gilchrist <jeff.gilchr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Jeff,

> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 7:44 AM, Jason Moxham <ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com>
> wrote:
> > our config.guess uses cc which is before configure even gets to the compiler
> > tests , same for gmp-4.3.0
>
> It seems gmp-4.3.0 works fine so if they are using cc, then they are
> calling pathcc on my system.  Does their config.guess use any -m64
> switch since that seems to be the key thing missing between my two
> systems.  If gmp doesn't and mpir does that could make the difference.

Well, "randomly" adding -m64 to CFLAGS is not a good idea since for
example gccs on RHEL/Itanium as well as MPIS64 boxen for example blow
up using that switch. I have never seen a 64 bit x86-64 system that
failed, so if compilation fails we might want to try again with -m64
added.

Is there a specific reason the pathscale cc on one system defaults to
32 bit ABI and on the other system it doesn't since both of them are
64 bit systems? Regardless of that this is still a bug in MPIR, so it
ought to be fixed.

> Jeff.

Cheers,

Michael