On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 8:13 AM, mabshoff
<michael.absh...@mathematik.uni-dortmund.de> wrote:

> Well, "randomly" adding -m64 to CFLAGS is not a good idea since for
> example gccs on RHEL/Itanium as well as MPIS64 boxen for example blow
> up using that switch. I have never seen a 64 bit x86-64 system that
> failed, so if compilation fails we might want to try again with -m64
> added.

I never suggested that, I'm just wondering if the MPIR config stuff is
using -m64 since it detects it as a 64bit OS while pathCC doesn't seem
to support -m64 on this system for some reason, while GMP may not
which is why it is working.

> Is there a specific reason the pathscale cc on one system defaults to
> 32 bit ABI and on the other system it doesn't since both of them are
> 64 bit systems? Regardless of that this is still a bug in MPIR, so it
> ought to be fixed.

No idea, I didn't set up this system.  It is intended to be used for
GPU development so maybe here is a 32bit dependency for compiling CUDA
apps?  I have no idea, just a wild guess.  Maybe it just wasn't set up
properly.

Jeff.