On Apr 17, 4:37 am, Jason Moxham <ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com> wrote:
> Have you tried building sage with gmp , does that pass the tests?

Since we have switched away from GMP I doubt he did it and since MPIR
1.1 works I don't think it matters too much for Sage at least since we
will update today :). The box did build the version of GMP we shipped
prior to MPIR (4.2.1+various fixes).

> I've tested mpir-0.9,1.0 and 1.1 on a linux Pentium D with no problems ,
> although it was with a more modern compiler , I think gcc-4.2.4

Well, it is the standard compiler for the last Debian stable release
IIRC.

<SNIP>

> Jason

Cheers,