Here is the relevant line of code:

if (memcmp (got_data, data[i].want_data, got_count * data[i].size) != 0)
            {
              printf ("wrong result data\n");
              error = 1;
            }

As got_count is 0 then it is comparing two length 0 arrays and says
they are not equal. So this appears to be a problem with memcmp which
is just a C library function.

Why it passes on one version of MPIR and not the other I cannot say.
The data used is identical in both cases and the test code is
identical.

Bill.