This was a pretty unusual release in that officially it happened on
the same day as 1.0.0. That is unlikely to ever happen again. However,
I am all in favour of Jeff's suggestion.

We did do a full testing cycle for linux and we asked Brian about
Windows testing, but as he had been away we didn't expect as much
testing as usual there. Jeff, would you like to volunteer to offer
testing on certain machines for coming release cycles?

I'd like to expand our testing coverage. Sage tests MPIR on very many
systems, but mostly they will be x86's. But we really ought to look
into expanding our testing on Sun machines and Apple laptops for
example.

BTW, I am more than happy to issue a 1.1.1 to fix some issues that
have been found. Certainly when Brian indicates he has fixed the
Windows issues, we'll do that. The changes also need to be reflected
in the 1.1 branch, but if you tell me which files are affected Brian I
can move them across and issue the 1.1.1 release.

Bill.