Hi Robert,

You might find it interesting to look at the code in my other project, FLINT:

http://www.flintlib.org/

In particular the functions in the file long_extras. There's lots of
stuff there for primality testing, implementing just about every
primality test you can think of for unsigned longs. A student of mine
(Peter Shrimpton) implemented much of it.

Tom Boothby, a student at University of Washington is currently
working on speeding up the factoring code.

Thanks for making additional changes to the code you submitted to
MPIR. I intend to read it thoroughly on Saturday. I'll probably email
you if I have questions. Can't wait to get it merged.

Bill.