On May 21, 4:36 am, Bill Hart <goodwillh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Peter Wong writes:
>
> "Hello to all, my system is AMD Athlon core 2 .
>
> My OS is MS Window XP with MS VS 2008 express.
>
> ./configure --enable-cxx --disable-static --enable-shared
> make
> make check return 9 test failed
>
> t-bswap.exe
> t-constants.exe
> t-counts_zeros.exe
> t-gmpmax.exe
> t-hightomask.exe
> t-modlinv.exe
> t-popc.exe
> t-parity.exe
> t-sub.exe
>
> 9 of 9 test failed.
>
> --
> Linux"
>
> It appears, from speaking with Peter that he is using MSYS, not MSVC
> as such when building and testing.
>
> Peter, have you tried building MPIR in MSVC directly, which is fully
> supported by MPIR. Brian Gladman may be able to assist you if you are
> unable to figure out how to do this, but the build projects for MSVC
> are in the build.vc9 directory.
>
> Bill.

In theory it should be possible to use MSYS to build 32-bit versions
of MPIR on Windows.  In practice, however, it seems quite likely that
this won't work because, as far as I am aware, nobody is maintaining
this build system.

It won't be possible to build the 64-bit versions of MPIR in this way
because MSYS and Cygwin don't yet support native 64-bit systems.

Mingw has a 64-bit development underway but it is still relatively
immature.

So the only way to easily build native 64-bit GMP systems on WIndows
is to use the Visual Studio build system.

I don't build with VC++ Express but Jeff Gilchrist does and he tells
me that it works provided the latest version of Express with SP1 is
used (previous versions have problems with solution folders).

Please feel free to pass this on to Peter,  who I am happy to help if
he needs any advice.