Actually mabshoff gave me these directions (for FLINT):

adding a user:
cd into wbh...@sage:~/flint-trac/sage-3.0.5-x86_64-Linux/flint_trac/conf
The for user foobar run "htdigest passwd sage.math.washington.edu foobar"
it will then ask you for a new password which you then have to retype.

But the trac server for mpir appears to be set up differently, as
there isn't even a sage install in the m...@sagemath home directory.
There's also no trac directory.

m...@sagemath:~$ ls
add  mpir.passwd  www