Dear Bill,

I (belatedly) see that bugs are to be reported to mpir-devel (i.e.,
here), so maybe I won't need a trac account.  (I still haven't
isolated the bug I might have to report, which is why I haven't
already reported it.)  Perhaps such accounts are only for people
fixing bugs?   Or is it also useful for people (such as me, if I
submit one) who want to be notified about changes of status of
particular bug reports?   It wasn't clear to me.  Sorry for all the
bother!