This question may seem off-topic here but I don't know where else to try asking.

I'm working on an Eiffel interface to MPIR, MPFR and MPC and the problem I'm having right now relates to the library built by Brian Gladmans Visual Studio 2008 MPFR project. I'm using the Eiffel compiler to build my project but the Eiffel compiler compiles to C and then uses the compiler and linker from the Windows 7 SDK to finish up. The error output I'll show is from my Eiffel IDE but it actually comes from the Microsoft tools. OK here is the error:

2 C Compiler Error: Error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol mpz_div_2exp referenced in function mpfr_get_z mpfr.libNow I did a search for mpz_div_2exp in mpfr.lib and found this "__gmpz_divexact_uiNULmpz_div_2expNUL__gmpz_mul_ui" (this output is from Notepad++). Notice that the preceding and following functions are prefixed by "__".

Now I found this "The functions mpz_div_2exp and mpz_div_ui have been removed from MPIR. These were deprecated many years ago, but many people have continued to use them." at http://osdir.com/ml/sage-support/2010-01/msg00529.html. I'm not sure if this is relevant to the problem I am having.

Can anyone make a suggestion?

Regards
Chris Saunders