I attempted this but no joy. I'm wondering if the location of the #define matters?

Regards
Chris Saunders

From: "Cactus" <rieman...@googlemail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 3:24 PM
To: "mpir-devel" <mpir-devel@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [mpir-devel] Re: Having problem with mpz_div_2exp

On Mar 24, 7:10 pm, Bill Hart <goodwillh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
I think it is only a matter of entering the given define into gmp.h. I
don't think you'll need to rebuild the library.

I understood that MPFR had changed their code to not use the
deprecated functions. But perhaps this is in a version which has not
yet been released.

Bill.

On 24 March 2010 19:07, Chris Saunders <e...@mountaincable.net> wrote:

> First, thanks very much for the response Bill. Now I don't think I can > take
> the first option because my C interface code to MPFR is not calling the
> deprecated code it is the MPFR code that is doing so. In the example I > gave > I was writing an interface to mpfr_get_z. For the second option do I > just > need to enter "#define mpz_div2_exp mpz_tdiv_q_2exp" into gmp.h or do > I > need to try and rebuild the library as well. Sorry I am not accustomed > to
> dealing with this type of problem.

> Regards
> Chris Saunders

>>> from the Windows 7 SDK to finish up. The error output I'll show is >>> from
>>> my
>>> Eiffel IDE but it actually comes from the Microsoft tools. OK here >>> is
>>> the
>>> error:

>>> 2       C Compiler Error: Error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
>>> mpz_div_2exp referenced in function mpfr_get_z mpfr.libNow I did >>> a
>>> search for mpz_div_2exp in mpfr.lib and found this
>>> "__gmpz_divexact_uiNULmpz_div_2expNUL__gmpz_mul_ui" (this output is >>> from
>>> Notepad++).  Notice that the preceding and following functions are
>>> prefixed
>>> by "__".

>>> Now I found this "The functions mpz_div_2exp and mpz_div_ui have been
>>> removed from MPIR. These were deprecated many years ago, but many >>> people
>>> have continued to use them." at
>>>http://osdir.com/ml/sage-support/2010-01/msg00529.html. I'm not sure >>>if
>>> this is relevant to the problem I am having.

>>> Can anyone make a suggestion?

>>> Regards
>>> Chris Saunders
>>> --

>> --

The SVN version of MPFR has removed these dependencies on obsolete GMP/
MPIR functions.