Hello---

I've written a program in C++ using the GMP and MPFR libraries.  I
would ideally like to use the MPFR library interfaced with MPIR.  My
program uses a wrapper (http://www.holoborodko.com/pavel/?page_id=12)
to interface my C++ code to the MPFR library.  I am then attempting to
link my program into the Matlab (Release 2010a) software package using
the MEX interface.

I've compiled GMP 4.3.2 and MPFR 2.4.2 on Mac OS X 10.6.3 (Snow
Leopard).  The version of gcc that is being used on this platform is
i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5659).
I've compiled the libraries using the "-m32" switch.

MEX file creation on Matlab uses the gcc compiler.  Running the
following at the Matlab prompt (denoted by >>) yields the following
bizarre link error:

>> mex -I/usr/local/include T_Zeta.cpp mpreal.cpp /usr/local/lib/libgmp.a
>> /usr/local/lib/libmpfr.a

ld: absolute addressing (perhaps -mdynamic-no-pic) used in
___gmpn_add_n from /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/usr/local/lib/
libgmp.a(add_n.o) not allowed in slidable image. Use '-
read_only_relocs suppress' to enable text relocs
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Has anyone seen this error in the context of GMP or MPIR? What does
this error mean, and what could be done to deal with it?  What is the
"slidable image"?

QUESTION:
Is it possible to build MPFR with MPIR?  Could I do the same which has
been described above?