On Tuesday 25 May 2010 00:42:04 Minh Nguyen wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 12:34 AM, Bill Hart <goodwillh...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
>
> I would like to clarify some minor details about producing a release
> tarball.
>
> > 3. Make a Release Candidate (must be done on boxen.math)
> > ===========================
> >
> > Check out svn trunk into an appropriately named directory mpir-x.y.z on
> >
> > boxen.math
> > edit the setversion script to correctly set the MPIR version number
>
> For the upcoming release, I believe it's MPIR 2.0.1 so in the file
> setversion, I would set the following values:
>
> # set version number
> VERSION=2
> VERSION_MINOR=0
> VERSION_PATCHLEVEL=1

yes , although as we have the new msvc files in I think we going to call it
2.1.0

> > and
> >
> > the library sonames
>
> This is something I do not know how to handle for the upcoming
> release. If you please, I would like to know to which values I need to
> set for the following variables:
>
> # these are the library soname numbers see
> # http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook_91.html
> # or the start of Makefile.am to see what was done before
>
> LIBGMP_LT_CURRENT=9
> LIBGMP_LT_REVISION=2
> LIBGMP_LT_AGE=0
>
> LIBGMPXX_LT_CURRENT=4
> LIBGMPXX_LT_REVISION=7
> LIBGMPXX_LT_AGE=1

according to these rules
http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook_91.html

as we have added a new function mpn_sqr  we must increment current , set rev
to 0 , and increment age so we 10.0.1  and 4.8.1

> > 5. Testing
> >
> > Test on SkyNet (all machines)
>
> There are some machines on SkyNet that I don't have access to. Two in
> particular are varro and cato. I would appreciate it if anyone who has
> access to those two machines would test out the rc after it's
> announced.

I can test varro and cato