On 5 July 2010 12:54, Fredrik Johansson <fredrik.johans...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since Bill asked...
>
> * "short" integer multiplication

Do you mean mpz_mullo and mpz_mulhi? That would be an interesting
project. Of course we already have this at the mpn level, but much
more work could be done on this to make it better.

> * fmpz style mpzs (an alternative project would be to switch Sage
> Integers over to fmpz without modifying MPIR... is FLINT2 ready for
> such a thing?)

The flint2 fmpz interface could be used straight away. The problem is
there is a namespace conflict with fmpz's in flint1 (which are not the
same thing).

They could be renamed temporarily (say to gmpz's) and we'll rename
back later when flint2 goes.

Otherwise, this is one of the most developed interfaces in flint2 and
should be ok to use.