To: "mpir-devel" <mpir-devel@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2010 11:48 PM
Subject: [mpir-devel] Re: MPIR 2.2

On Aug 13, 10:42 pm, Cactus <rieman...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Aug 13, 8:41 pm, Jason <ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com> wrote:

> I've changed the files to match the function names of
> mpn/perfsqr.c to mpn/perfect_square_p.c
> mpn/jacbase.c to mpn/jacobi_base.c
> mpn/divis.c to mpn/divisible_p.c

> and I've split out
> mpn/dc_bdiv_qr_n.c from mpn/dc_bdiv_qr.c
> mpn/dc_div_qr_n.c from mpn/dc_div_qr.c

> again I've not touched the build.vc* directorys . For the first 3 > changes , I
> know how to do it , but I dont know how to add a file under NSVC .

Hi Jason,

This is much harder than a name change and I might not even be able to
do it now that I don't have Visual Studio 2008 installed.

I can explain the steps but it is intricate and I would not want to do
this until you (or someone else) agrees to take on the Visual Studio
2008 ongoing support and maintenance task.

The Visual Studio 2008 build definitely won't work now and I won't do
any further work on it as it is too time consuming and tedious to do
both this and the 2010 builds.

Brian

I have made the changes to the Visual Studio 2008 build files that I
think are needed to add all the recent changes.

But I have not tested anything.