On Friday 04 March 2011 19:47:09 Jason wrote:

> > > 7) upgrade to latest autotools as skynet doesn't have the version we
> > > use , this could fix a few minor problem we have currently.
> >
> > This is easy ,
>
> The reason it's easy is that skynet versions of autotools is only slightly
> newer than what we are used to , the latest versions (which are in the next
> version of my OS , due for release june/july) do require more substantial
> changes

autoconf-2.66 has a bug in , I assume that skynet's version has been locally
patched as I kept getting errors on my PC , so we might as well go for the
latest autotools , it seems to work fine , and fixes at least one thing ,
yasm's
configure now detects Python (not that it matters at the mo for us) (I'm hoping
it will fix MinGW64's make speed tune try )
We will have to install a local copy of the latest autotools on skynet or the
sage cluster or some other common computer. It's easy to install as the
main/root copy , just
./configure --prefix=/usr && make && make install
for
libtool-2.4
autoconf-2.68
automake-1.11.1  (no change here for skynet)

it takes about 20 seconds to build and install

Jason