On Thursday 28 April 2011 01:29:01 Jason wrote:
> On Thursday 28 April 2011 00:16:57 Jason wrote:
> > On Thursday 28 April 2011 00:12:14 Jason wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I removed longlong.h from the distro , it is now constructed by
> > > configure (that was dead easy , used the same bit of code as that does
> > > gmp-mparam.h , although later on we integrate it with the mpn
> > > functions and gmp-impl.h) There is just a few ifdef to put back in
> > > there proper place (ie non-gnu asm code etc) , and the windows header
> > > will have cope with Mingw and MSVC(easy)
> > >
> > > Jason
> >
> > I'll be removing the -DNO_ASM option , it serves no purpose now , it's
> > only function what to stop the old longlong.h including asm code in a
> > generic C build.When you select a generic C build now the standard path
> > selection will of course not select any asm code.
> >
> > Jason
>
> I've put all the proper ifdef's back and done the 64bit windows header and
> the construction of longlong.h on the MSVC cl build
>
> The MSVC build projects will need to construct longlong.h via
> concatcation of longlong_pre.h arch_specific_longlong.h longlong_post.h
>
> see the longlong bit in win/make.bat
>
> I have also removed for some arch's some support for gcc version 1 :)
>
> We can also remove all this stuff
> HAVE HOST _CPU_x86 powerpc etc
> as this can now be taken care off with our standard path selection ,
> although there our a few files which will need some editing first.
>
> Jason

One possible problem is that longlong.h is now a built file rather than a
source file so if you build out of the tree , longlong.h is in a different
directory , this doesn't affect us , but some programs may rely on it ,
from mpfr however

Building MPFR with internal GMP header files

MPFR built with internal GMP header files is a bit faster, so you may want
to build it with them. Just do this in step 1:

  ./configure --with-gmp-build=GMPBUILD

where GMPBUILD is the GMP build directory. The needed header files are:
gmp-impl.h, longlong.h and all the necessary headers to use them.

As gmp-impl.h and longlong.h are only in the GMP source directory,
you first need to copy these files to the build directory if it is
different (there may be other workarounds, such as setting $CPPFLAGS
to search the GMP source directory).

So we are now in the "right" place , and there nothing to say that gmp-impl.h
may also become a built file much like gmp.h

I could make the --enable-gmpcompat option also copy it to the source dir ?

Jason