On Apr 27, 10:43 pm, jason <ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I going to remove some minor optimizations for a fat build on the K6
> and K7 cpu's , again I think that anyone running on these cpu's would
> use a normal build anyway , and I think they are not made anymore even
> as embedded chips.
>
> Jason

I've removed the old crud above.

In gmp-impl we have these functions which have asm in them

popc_limb
bswap_limb + varients
ulong_parity
mpn_incr
mpn_decr

so I think we should move then to the arch specific longlong , the C
version we will leave in gmp-imp.h rather than move them to
longlong_post.h for strict compatibility (ie for people who want
popc_limb and only include gmp-impl.h not longlong.h). This means
including gmp-impl and longlong gives exactly the same code as
before , whereas including just gmp-impl.h will give you the C version
only. Given the nature of the macros above I think this is best as
popc,bswap,parity are not used much and popc and parity have GCC
intrinsics. The mpn_incr/decr are important but the asm code is for
32bit x86 only and as the assumption of this macro is ment to be that
it loops very few(<2) times , a bit of C code should be faster.

So the changes will be completely compatible and only slightly
slower(if at all) on these very odd cases and in the case that
longlong is not included. I'll go ahead with this unless anyone think
this is a bad idea.

Jason