On Friday 27 May 2011 21:59:39 jason wrote:
> > One possible problem is that longlong.h is now a built file rather than a
> > source file so if you build out of the tree , longlong.h is in a
> > different directory , this doesn't affect us , but some programs may
> > rely on it , frommpfrhowever
> >
> > BuildingMPFRwith internal GMP header files
> >
> > MPFRbuilt with internal GMP header files is a bit faster, so you may want
> >
> > to build it with them. Just do this in step 1:
> >   ./configure --with-gmp-build=GMPBUILD
> >
> > where GMPBUILD is the GMP build directory. The needed header files are:
> > gmp-impl.h, longlong.h and all the necessary headers to use them.
> >
> > As gmp-impl.h and longlong.h are only in the GMP source directory,
> > you first need to copy these files to the build directory if it is
> > different (there may be other workarounds, such as setting $CPPFLAGS
> > to search the GMP source directory).
> >
> > So we are now in the "right" place , and there nothing to say that
> > gmp-impl.h may also become a built file much like gmp.h
>
> This build will actually fail because gmp.h is only created by a make
> install , and the mpfr configure will pick up the system gmp.h which
> of course has a different version , we could create gmp.h at make time
> instead or just recommend that that you copy mpir.h to gmp.h , as you
> HAVE to do copying anyway (even with gmp)
>
> Jason

I've changed gmp.h and gmpxx.h from a make install hook to built sources , so
they are made at configure time now rather than at install time.MPFR is the
only package which I know of which can depend on it , all the other packages
dont want to depend on the internals so much , the advantage is very small.

Jason