On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 7:14 AM, Cactus <rieman...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had an interesting issue come up yesterday, and I wondered if it impacts
> just me or whether others might have the same problem?
>
> I had a colleague visit yesterdday and he was trying to access the
> gmplib.org site using my internet connection withoout success.
>
> As I never have any problems accessing the GMP website, I wondered what was
> going on so we tried my next door neighbours internet connection and had no
> problems.
>
> This was a big puzzle until I remembered that, since I do my internet
> browsing through Tor, blocking my IP address has absolutely no impact on my
> own access.
>
> But, sure enough, when I tried a direct access to the GMP website from my
> IP address, I find that it is being bloked by the gmplib sever.
>
> Am I alone in having this privilege?

The GMP website says: "NEWS 2011-09-29: There are networking problems
at KTH, making the GMP servers hard to reach. As a result, these web
pages are intermittently unavailable, and so are the the mailing lists
and the source repository. New routers are on their way, the problem
should be fixed in a few days. "

>     Brian Gladman

William Stein
Professor of Mathematics