-----Original Message----- From: Case Van Horsen
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2012 9:07 AM
To: mpir-devel@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [mpir-devel] Re: MPIR 2.6 release progress

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 12:58 AM, Cactus <rieman...@gmail.com> wrote:

We are probably ready to merge the MPIR-EXP branch into trunk but this
will mean that there will be a (hopefully) short period during which the
trunk won't build correctly.

To minimise this period, it will be necessary to coordinate changes to the
source code and to Windows Visual Studio build, the Windows command line
build and the *nix/GCC builds.

There are quite a large number of new C files involved and many new tests
for the new FFT. I can provide information about the differences between the
trunk and the MPIR-EXP branch if this will help in making these changes.

I assume that Jason will need to look at the Windows command line build
after the merge.  Are you in a position to update this build if I now do
this merge, Jason?  Or is it likely to pick up the changes without any
manual action on your part?

If you're interested, I have a modified command line build that worked
with mpir-exp a while ago. I can update it after the merge.

If you are willing to get the Windows command line build working after the merge, that would be a great help as I am not sure that Jason has the time to do this right now.

I think Bill will be happy to take on the *nix/GCC build changes but he needs some help with autotools to do this. Again we may need a volunteer to help with this if Jason is not in a position to take it on.