OK, after an enormous number of stupid issues, I have put up a tarball
for mpir-2.5.2. I can't create an lzma tarball and the documentation
in the source tarball is not for the correct version (not that there
are any changes anyway). But that's the best I can do with terrible
tools.

I've switched back to autoconf on eno instead of MinGW32 because the
latter is incapable of producing working lzma tarballs without
crashing. Hopefully the libtool bug fixed in MinGW32 is not relevant
to us.

Bill.