On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 1:36 AM, Brian Gladman <b...@gladman.plus.com> wrote:
> -----Original Message----- From: Case Van Horsen
> Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 7:43 AM
> To: mpir-devel@googlegroups.com
> Subject: Re: [mpir-devel] Re: MPIR 2.6 release progress
>
> [snip]
>

> Interesting. If I use ABI=64, then "make" and "make check" succeed.
>
> If I use "configure.bat ABI=32 --cpu=pentium3", then "make" succeeds
> but I get the following error for "make check":
>
> try.c
> try.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___gmpn_mod_1c
> try.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___gmpn_divrem_1c
> try.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
> ERROR
>
> Any ideas where to look?
I don't have an answer yet but I have a clue. At line 110 in make.bat,
the obj files created from several asm files are deleted and replaced
by their generic equivalents. If I remove mod_1 from that block, I fix
one of the error messages but also generate a warning somewhere else.

Do you have any idea why those particular files are replaced?

Could there be an issue with the generic replacements?

Case