On 30/08/2013 08:29, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> However, while building MPIR with my copy of Visual Studio Express 2012 I
> noticed that it would not work because it does not support it yet and
> because MPIR assumes yasm is present. Since ECL tries to build
> out-of-the-box with just a minimal set of tools, I have made a github fork
> that changes configure.bat and make.bat to allow building in just C format.
> This is sub-optimal, but users should be able to build better copies of
> MPIR if they wish.
Although the current release doesn't support Visual Studio 2012, this is
fully supported in the repository version of MPIR.   You are right that
YASM is currently imported in all builds.  However, I have just
committed a build change for Visual Studio 2012 that removes the need
for YASM in build projects that don't use any  assembler.  This is in my
MPIR repository at:

https://github.com/BrianGladman/mpir

but I imagine that Bill will import it quite quickly.   So the
repository version should now build 'out of the box' with Visual Studio
2012 for C only projects.

   best regards,

     Brian Gladman