Bill Hart wrote:
> I stand corrected.

Indeed, x86/nehalem's gmp-mparam.h is

/* Generated by tuneup.c, 2009-10-07, gcc 4.3 */

while x86/pentium4/sse2's for example is

/* Generated by tuneup.c, 2014-03-24, gcc 4.7 */

(I thought you'd removed tuning values for architectures you didn't get
fresh tuning values for, or replaced them by those of similar ones.)

> Anyway, I'm going to set up some 32 bit VM's some time so we can at
> least make sure things pass on such machines.

Ideally, "unexpected" tuning values should raise an error (failed
assertion) of course.

> Supporting 32 bits is not such a high priority when we don't do anything
> to support the latest Intel and AMD chips, but people seem to be testing
> on those architectures more than they used to.

At least Ubuntu (only recently?) stopped recommending to install 32-bit
OSs on 64-bit hardware... ;-)

-leif

P.S.:  With MPIR 2.7.0.alpha13 on nehalem-pc-linux-gnu ABI=32 (on Linux
x86_64, Haswell) all tests pass for me with GCC 4.4.3 at least.
(Haven't tried more recent versions.)