I am just going to state the same thing again: we do not currently believe
the superoptimiser will work on Windows, even if it is ported. People are
obviously welcome to try.

As always, we are limited by our resources and by the nature of the problem
itself, not by our willingness to do this or that. I welcome volunteers to
contribute whether on Windows or any other system.

So far we have a couple of serious applicants for the six month position to
replace Alex. I simply don't know if we will be lucky and hire someone with
Windows development experience. I don't personally have any other resources
I can direct towards MPIR at present. Volunteers welcome!

Bill.