people do not mention that even fornication - defined as sexual intercourse between
any man and single women - is still a crime in Minnesota (Minnesota Statute
609.34).  So anyone could still  legally be arrested if found to be having
non-marital sex.  Although a married woman having sex with a man other than her
husband would ironically not be guilty of fornication, she would be guilty of
adultery (Minn. Stat. 609.36), which is a gross misdemeanor punishable by up to one
year in jail and $3000 fine.  (fornication is only a misdemeanor punishable by up
to 90 days in jail and $700 fine).  Meanwhile, a married man having sex with a
single women would be not be guilty of the more serious crime of adultery.

I know that politicians are rarely known for guts, but I cannot figure out how
these laws stay on the books.

Jordan Kushner
Powderhorn, Ward 8