> >What amazed me was that in many cases they showed people's faces doing the
> >dealing.

I doubt that there is any expectation of privacy in this case.

> I noticed the same thing - and  something else.  The buyers, the ones
> "from the suburbs", had their identities protected. Even their
> license plate numbers were obscured. Haven't we learned by now that
> drug dealing has a demand side, and that once eliminated, pretty much
> takes care of the supply side? What's up with protecting the buyers?

How could you tell that they were from the suburbs?  Did they actually
show a transaction taking place? (Not hard to get since there are plenty
of transactions).

> What do you think would happen if the buyers were outed? Outed to
> their families, neighbors, local police?

Sounds like a good idea.  The folks along Lake Street have been doing that
to "Johns".

One caveat though. I have driven along lake street and been approached at
a stop light by such entrepeneurs after picking up my daughter at Andersen
[a couple of years ago].   I had no desire for the offered services. If I
received one of these JOHN letters for such an occurence I would probably
contact a lawyer to see what my options are.

Rich McMartin
Bryant Neighborhood.