At the risk of revealing my age, I can attest to the fact that Cargill was
active in the schools way back in the early 70s at Folwell Junior High.  I was
an English teacher in a small, pull-out program for at risk students funded by
Cargill (5 teachers, small classes, field trips to reward success).  Kept a lot
of kids in school.  They even provided the kids with tours of their corporate
headquarters (the pond had a lot of really interesting snakes, as I recall
vividly) and lunch in the corporate dining room.  One of the students that I ran
into years later said that it was the only positive thing in her life at the
time.  The other things included a mother engaged in prostitution and the
attendant effects on the family.  So I've always been a fan of Cargill.  They
were trying to make a difference then and this new, even more systemic approach
to school improvement, sounds even better.

Ginny Craig
North Loop