>No channel triggering. We stopped the channel for some other purpose(test)
>and in the meanwhile we had placed a number of messages in the XMITQ. When
>we noticed the problem we re-started the channel and found that the
messages
>were not there. The messages are not persistant.
>I thought message persistance was required only when the queue manager
>itself goes down. Correct me if I am wrong. We are checking the DLQ.

>Queue was inactive not stopped.

>Sundari

Sundari,

If the channel is NPMSPEED(FAST) then the channel will make best effort to
store a non-persistent message but if it can't, for example queue full or
no authority, then the message will be thrown away. You can, of course,
trace the channel and see exactly what it does with each of your messages.

Cheers,
P.

Paul G Clarke
WebSphere MQ Development